The Long Reach is an adventure game filled with colorful characters, puzzles, and a shock of discovery.
Wait, weren't we supposed to say “joy of discovery”? That can’t be right.
The Long Reach takes place in New Hampshire, in the fictional town of Baervox.
The game draws its inspiration from Lone Survivor and The Cave and all the classical adventures (except that The Long Reach is set in the present day).
You don't play in a post-apocalyptic world or explore a fairy-filled fantasy world. You’re in the thick of it, just around the corner from the place where you buy your groceries.
- The Long Reach is a horror-thriller hell bent on screwing with your perception of things.
- The game misuses stunning pixel art to create gruesome and unsettling images.
- You’ll be playing as Calvin throughout the game - this is an example of the lies and deception that we have in store for you.
- You won’t be forced to figure everything out. Escape if you wish, in fact we encourage you to run for your life!
- Solve puzzles that require thinking outside the box. The box provided by our publisher was never used during the development.
- You’ll be able to talk with plenty of characters. In fact, you’ll have a chance to pitch in every five lines or so.
- A classic adventure game inventory filled with keys and weird stuff (note: no Elvish swords glowing faintly blue when evil is close in this game).
- Original atmospheric and haunting soundtrack. The composer's not right in the head, he brought weird stuff home to use in the soundtrack. We’re all concerned for his cat.
The Long Reach was developed by Painted Black Games.
All the images, sounds and assets belongs to Baroque Decay.
We ported this great adventure game to consoles between 2017 and 2018 and it will be published by Merge Games.